Saturday, November 8, 2014

Field Trip Homework

On the trip to the Museum of the City of New York I learned about activism. I learned about how many activists were based in New York. I didn't know that the gay pride parade was based in New York, and then duplicated all over the world.  I also, learned that bike lanes were such a fought over and important thing. In addition I learned how comedy can be used during protests, to draw attention to the protest. Also, buttons are used to draw attention to a protest, or major issue.

I learned about women suffrage, gay rights, african american rights and bicycle rights. I learned about how they all dealt with there issues and what was similar and different about how they dealt with there issues. What i noticed was that they all held protests. But the protests were all different in their own ways. For example, the Black Panthers held violent protests while others just protested peacefully. Some would mock the people that they were protesting against but others would respect them.




No comments:

Post a Comment